To our valued patients,
We hope your families are doing well and staying healthy. We know this is a very challenging time and we want you to know we are here for your oral health and your safety. In accordance with the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Governor Wolf’s statements, we are so excited to have responsibly reopened for our full range of services. We love seeing your faces again! While much has changed, our commitment to your safety has remained the same.
We have always placed the utmost importance on sterilization and infection control. In response to COVID-19, we have updated our procedures so that they may exceed the standards set by the American Dental Association (ADA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This, in turn, will create a bit of a change when it is time for your next appointment. When you come to our office, you should expect the following changes In an effort you protect our patients and our team members:
- We will be allowing 20-30 minutes between appointments to more thoroughly disinfect patient rooms and manage new PPE requirements. Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean you’re offered fewer options for appointment times.
- Cars are the new waiting room – We ask that when you arrive, please call the office to let us know you have you are in the parking lot. Please stay in your car until directed to enter the office. In an effort to limit the number of people in the reception area, a dental assistant, hygienist or office administrator will let you in.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to appointments, unless you are the parent of a minor or assisting a patient with special needs.
- To enter the office, you must wear a mask or one that we will provide.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again in the form of a written questionnaire that we will send to you via email or text. If you don’t have access to a cell phone we will provide a written questionnaire for you to fill out before you enter the office.
- We will ask you to do a 20 second hand wash as well as take your temperature before we bring you back to the treatment area.
- There will be plastic barriers between you and our front office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to disinfect.
- Employees will be wearing all PPE that is necessary, including, but not limited to: face shields, eye protection, disposable gowns and N95 masks.
We are thrilled to serve you again safely with big smiles from behind our masks. If you have any questions about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice, please call the office at 717-625-0596. We value your trust and loyalty as part of our family!
Dr. Kevin Hicks & the Team