Restore Tooth Color, Shape and Minor Flaws with Bonding and Veneers
Bonding and veneers are popular today because they can instantly improve the appearance of blemished or broken teeth and give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Dental bonding is strong, affordable, and natural looking.
Bonding is the process of applying a resin material to the front of the tooth to create a natural-looking blemish-free cover. It is excellent for fixing dental issues like:
- Chips and cracks
- Large gaps
- Misshapen or extended teeth
- Exposed roots from receding gums
The bonding process is fairly simple:
- It begins with roughening up the tooth surface and applying a conditioning liquid which helps the bonding material adhere to the tooth.
- Next the tooth-colored resin is applied, molded and smoothed and a bright light, or laser, is used to harden the material.
- Once the resin is hardened, Dr. Hicks will trim, shape and polish the bonded tooth to match the rest of the other tooth surfaces.
Fast, Easy, Affordable… Bonding In About An Hour
Dental bonding can be completed in our office, usually in less than an hour. The procedure is painless, uses no numbing anesthetics (unless there is decay), and offers an array of natural-looking resin colors that can be perfectly matched to your existing teeth.
Porcelain veneers can be a more permanent solution to repair tooth gaps, cracks, and stains.
Veneers are custom-crafted, wafer-thin shells of porcelain that fit over your teeth to improve esthetics or to protect the tooth surface from damage.
Veneers are a popular choice because they look so natural, are stain resistant and are extremely durable, lasting from 10 to 15 years… or even longer!
It’s an easy process, done in our office, with no pain, and no need for anesthetics:
It takes just two appointments to craft your veneers:
- During your first appointment, Dr. Hicks will remove a thin portion of the top enamel of your tooth to make room for the incoming veneer.
- Next, we’ll take dental impressions and a temporary veneer will be created in our own on-site lab so you can go home that same day with a temporary version of your new veneers.
- On your second visit, your permanent custom-fit veneers will be the perfect match to your natural teeth in size, shape and color. It will take just minutes for us to apply your new veneers and make sure the fit is right. We think you’ll be amazed at the transformation!
Don’t wait to take care of bothersome gaps, stains or cracks, call today to see if bonding or veneers might be the right choice for you.